Friday, May 31, 2013

Enjoy the Journey - Pinspired Challenges

Hello there!

I had to give up my craft room this week,  my middle son decided it was time for his own room.  He and my oldest have enjoyed sharing a room for years now and in many cases chose to share a room even though it wasn't a necessity.  But at 21 and 23 they feel they need their own spaces.  And as we only have 4 bedrooms, I got the boot! lol

Luckily we have a very large family room so I spent two days hauling all of my craft stuff down there.  Of course there is always a domino effect and we have to rearrange a few other rooms to accommodate furniture changes.  The only negative thing about the family room as a craft space is that I will have to keep my area tidy.  Oh and the lighting sucks!  But that is easily fixable.

The whole time I was moving craft stuff, all I could think of is that I really wanted to be playing instead!  Lat night, at 10pm I finally managed to sit down (read stand, as I usually craft standing up) and create 3 cards, and one more this morning! 

This is the only one I can share right now.  It was created for the current challenged over at Pinspired Challenges.....


 I created this geo tag cut file on my Silhouette several weeks ago and thought it would be perfect for this challenge.
 I used my Silhouette sketch pen for the first time today... loved it!
I was intending to keep this card clean and simple but I couldn't resit adding a bit extra to the top corner!

This is the challenge inspiration photo.  The vibrant folding chairs reminded me of a destination or celebration which is why I went with 'enjoy the journey' sentiment and geo tags.


This is my first time joining in with Pinspired Challenges, I love their challenges and keep trying to find the time... so glad I did this time, I love my card!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo


4 comments:

  1. what a fun designed card.. love your take on the Pin photo.. thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenges..

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! Love the washi strips with that button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop whoop Laura!!! So LOVE this card and that you got PINspired :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!