Thursday, October 13, 2016

Stash Kit

Hi there!  I went to a crop at the beginning of the month, it was one of those fabulous 12 hour deals!  I got two pages done! I am calling it a win, don't burst my bubble, ha!  I had so much fun socializing - it was great not to feel like a shut in for one day!  So many of my scrappy friends were there, I was able to share so many long over due hugs!

I am guessing you are not visiting my old blog to read about my hugging habits!  I did however, have a point for this post! haha!  When I was deciding what to pack, I at first thought I would take my October Noel Mignon kit and then I thought about taking a couple of my Simple Stories collections but then I decided to make a Stash Kit!

It was fun to shop my own supplies, with the goal to use up some of my left over goodies.  I specifically tried to pick things that were one offs or almost gone, to clear out some space in my storage units.

I started by printing out some sketches, and then choosing and printing photos for each sketch.


I printed sketches and photos for 8 layouts - not sure who I was fooling by thinking I would even get close to getting that much done!

After printing my pictures, I started creating my kit, I pulled this snowflake paper by Simple Stories, shown below.  It is an older collection and I only had a few scraps left.


I really like the teal, navy, green, grey and taupe colours in it, but wanted one more colour for pop. So I pulled this second pattern paper with the same teals and green but also with a pop of red.  It is by Heidi Swapp and is only an 8 x 8 paper from a Christmas line (for the marquee things) but it worked perfectly so I added that to the basis of my kit.

Then I went through my stack of patterned paper and pulled all of the one (or two) offs that I had amassed and coordinated with my colours in the inspiration patterns.


Some are only partial sheets, but if I can use them up it will be awesome!

Next up was cardstock.  I hardly use cardstock anymore (other than black or white) so I pulled lots of colours hoping to see my supply dwindle at least a little bit! I also tucked in some vellum just in case.


I went through all of my previously loved sticker and chipboard sheets and pulled anything that fit with the colours or themes that I would be scrapping.


I love rub-ons and have collected them for years.  Some I have never used, like the "simply irresistible" one - because I am hoarding it for the perfect page (yes for about 8 or 10 years)!  Time to make that page I think! 


Other rub-ons have been previously loved and I would like to finished them up.

Next I moved on to alpha stickers.  I so often use my Silhouette to cut titles and ignore my large collection of alpha stickers.  Crops are the perfect opportunity to use some up!


Once again I pulled the ones that went with my colour scheme.

Then I moved on to smaller embellishments.


I chose anything and everything that matched, was almost finished or hadn't been touched as long as it coordinated with the scheme or theme.

The very last thing I did was some digital die cutting, I cut some elements in several colours just in case.  I even created a few new cut files. 


Where I could, I cut from the centre of the cardstock and left a frame around the outside, I can use these for mounting / framing my finished layouts if they need a bit of extra pop!

I am super excited about my Stash Kit, and even though I only created two pages from it so far, I plan to continue to use it until it is substantially smaller.  I will be sharing my first Stash Kit layout on Saturday, so I hope you check back and have a look!  I am going to a retreat in November, and I will definitely be packing this kit!

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. I am always so interested in these posts! I'd love to see what you create from this kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, I will be sharing my first layout on Saturday!

      Delete
  2. You are so right Laura this is exactly what I need to do... thanks for this. I have a week at home alone and I know exactly what I am going to do.... ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!