Thursday, March 02, 2017

Best Kid | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there! Yesterday was reveal day over at Stuck?! Sketches which means I have both a sketch and a layout to share with you, oh and also a new process video, let's not forget that!


This time around the sketch is grid style and suggests 3 square photos, but you could easily use 1, 2, 3 or 4 photos and of course they could be rectangular as well!  I am looking forward to seeing all of the variations on the sketch!

In the meantime, I would love you to check out my layout....


These goofy photos of our youngest son were taken at his last birthday, but I didn't want to do another birthday page because the story I wanted to tell was more of his personality than of the actual day.  These papers and embellishments from Crate Paper's "Cool Kid" collection were just perfect for this page, and I have loads more and am looking forward to using them in the future.

As a first step I added paint to the edges of my photos and the square pieces of patterned paper that they are mated on.


I used a fun sticker for my title but trimmed it down to fit my design better. I attached it with staples to some of the layers behind one of my photos.


This collection has the best embellishments for boy pages, whether they be fun, silly or serious you cannot go wrong!



I created a variety of layers in each quadrant, and while I wanted each section to be unique I also wanted to carry the colours around the page.


Fun embellishments, some machine stitching and pops of black accents help to pull the layout together!

As I mentioned, I created a process video for this page you can watch it below or on my You-Tube channel here.


As always,  Stuck?! Sketches has two amazing sponsors for this challenge!



Supply List:  Crate Paper "Cool Kid" patterned papers (Adventurer, Champ, Buddy, Brothers, Boys Club), ephemera, chipboard and stickers; Michael's enamel dots; Hemptique twine; IKEA clip; Tim Holtz tiny attacher;  Sharpie; Decoart paint.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!