Saturday, April 01, 2017

Brothers Make the Best Friends | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  I have a new layout and process video to share with you today, for the new challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches!

Here is a look at the sketch.


I designed this sketch with a two photo central focal area, however as you can see I opted for a single photo.  Plus I put a masculine spin on it!


I was sorting out some of my scrappy bins and photos boxes the other day and came across a few old photos of my grown boys.  I was, a long time ago, working on a photo a year mini album for them.  However, it has long since been abandoned.  So I put the photos that I had left into my "to be scrapped" drawer.   When I was deciding on a photo for this page, I opted to choose an older one instead of printing a new one.  (These boys are grown men now!) I am so glad I did as I love the way the page turned out! How often do you go back and scrapbook old photos?

I began by creating the fun ring of stars cut file.  I really like the way it turned out and I love it even more with the addition of the Gelatos and Distress Crayons! I used several colours in yellows, oranges, reds and blues and blended them out with a baby wipe.  I did not add any Gesso to my paper. It really wasn't necessary.


Once I had the ring coloured and adhered to my page, I stitched around it with my sewing machine, using navy thread.


I kept things simple and used this chipboard piece from the Jack and Jill collection by Echo Park (an older one) to act as my title, it actually is perfect for these little guys.  And still to this date.  I love that they are besties!


Then I pulled in stickers from the Jack and Jill collection and ephemera from the Crate Paper "Boys Rule" collection to further embellish my page!


As a final step, I sprinkled my layout with sequin stars from the Crate Paper "Boys Rule" collection, brads and navy Color Shine.

We have two amazing and super supportive sponsors this month over at Stuck?! Sketches!



So you definitely want to play along for your chance to win!

As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List:  Simple Stories patterned paper Sn@p Basic 2849; Echo Park Jack and Jill plaid patterned paper, stickers and chipboard; Crate Paper Boys Rule ephemera including sequins, chipboard, acetate and die cuts;  Tim Holtz Distress Crayons -  Spice Marmalade; Candied Apple, Peacock Feather, Salty Ocean; Gelatos - Cotton Candy, Aqua Dolce, Blood Orange,  Tangerine, Banana; Heidi Swapp Navy Color Shine; Misc. brads and crochet thread.

Thanks so much for visiting today!



2 comments:

  1. Such a cute photo Laura; I have some of my Son's around this vintage too. They look great surrounded by the stars. Love the little rocket and the Brothers quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout and the ring of stars is so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!