Saturday, April 15, 2017

Hello Haiti | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there! I have a new layout and process video to share with you today, for the newest challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches!

Here is a look at the sketch.


I don't often use 4x6 photos any more,  so I feel like I have been a little remiss in creating sketches for layouts featuring 4x6 pics - it seemed high time to rectify that! Of course, you could always opt for a 4x6, 3x5 or two 3x4's - you know, whatever is your personal jam!


Once again, I dug into the Trimcraft "Paradise Crush" papers that I was sent from Claire at Trimcraft. I love that I was able to make this page look and feel different, yet still tropical and festive, than the last page that I created with this paper pad.

This time I wanted to featured the dark blue papers on my page, along with the corals - it is a great combination together, especially for boy pages!


Since there are no embellishments with this collection, I raided my stash as well as used some of the custom labels I created to coordinate with these papers.  I stuck really close to the sketch, especially when it came to title and embellishment locations.  I did however, take advantage of some of the white space for added journalling.


As this photo was taken while were on a cruise and enjoying a beach day in Haiti, I couldn't resist adding the little burlap anchor.


Although you cannot tell in this photo, the splatters which were created with two colours of metallic Gelatos mixed with water, are so shimmery in person!  As a final step I added in some machine stitching!

We have two amazing and super supportive sponsors this month over at Stuck?! Sketches!



 So you definitely want to play along for your chance to win!

As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: Trimcraft patterned papers; American Crafts cardstock;Cuts2Luv flair; Evalicious die cuts and puffy stickers; Simple Stories burlap and cardstock stickers; M Mind's Eye mini alphas; Carta Bella and Kaisercraft stickers; Gelatos (metallic melon and gold champagne) ; One Canoe Two date stamp; crochet thread; fine black Sharpie; CTMH black ink; label die cuts created by yours truly.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. Love this page! It's so colorful! Have to look up Trimcraft (never heard of them) and love that you used lots of embellishments from your stash!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!