Thursday, April 20, 2017

Hello Lollipop | Stash Bash

Hey there!  It's time for a new Stash Bash You-Tube hop, and this month we are focusing on patterned paper! With a specific nod, if possible, to papers from manufacturers that are no longer around.


Here is my page; once again I am using my stash kit, which included many patterned papers!


This photo has been in my "to scrap" pile for quite a while.  I have been wanting to add it to our cruise album but  because it is not great quality and it features purples and oranges, it hadn't really inspired me.

I decided to push myself to get it done, and thought I would see if I could get it to mesh with navy and red instead.

I used a camera cut file from the Silhouette store and created this background cut file.  I love the way it looks!


Especially since, it meant that I could use up lots of scraps!  I included this red and pink polka dot paper from Lilly Bee - which is my nod to a manufacturer that is no longer around!


I added some simple layers behind my photo,  Admittedly, some of them were used just to de-stash.  But that is okay, right?


Most of the embellishments have been in my stash for quite some time, with the exception of the clip and the wood buttons.  But they worked perfectly so I used them up, as well!


I managed to use 9 different pattered papers on my page, how is that for stash busting?!! Finishing touches included mist, journalling and machine stitching!

You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Here is a list of those of us participating this month, for your hopping pleasure!


Supply list: Lilly Bee, Amy Tangerine, Photo Play, Fancy Pants, Autentique, and Simple Stories patterned papers; October Afternoon, Fancy Pants, and Simple Stories stickers; Simple Stories die cut 3x4 card; Amy Tangerine tag; Simple Stories enamel dots; Shimelle wood buttons; crochet thread; Staedtler fine tip felt pen; taxi yellow Mr. Huey's mist; Copic B37and B39; American Crafts cardstock; Evalicious flair; Ikea clip and M Mind's Eye washi tape.

If you like, you can see more of my stash kit layouts here, some of them are for this challenge and others are not.  Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo 

1 comment:

  1. Love this page. Thanks for sharing! Love this hop. I would so like to join.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!