Monday, May 15, 2017

Live Laugh Love | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  I am sharing a new sketch, layout and a process video for Stuck?! Sketches' May 15th challenge today!

Here is a look at my sketch:


This type of sketch is one of my personal favourite styles, so I really enjoyed creating this layout from it.


For this layout, I dug into some goodies that I picked up from the "Life is Beautiful" collection by Fancy Pants, but hadn't had a chance to play with.  I really, really loved this patterned paper with the text, water colour and misting sort of look so of course it had to be a feature on my page, as the background.

In lieu of the suggested doily, I cut out a flower element with my Silhouette Cameo.


Once that was done, I began layering up pieces of patterned papers and embellishments.


Some machine stitching to create a border, hot pink splatters of water colour paint and black rubons help to ground things.


Hand printed journalling and some doodling really makes the area that I have my title pop.

We have two amazing and super supportive sponsors this month over at Stuck?! Sketches



As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: Fancy Pants "Life is Beautiful' patterned papers, flair, tags and puffy stickers;  Fancy Pants 'Good Fellows" die cuts; misc. buttons; crochet thread; Leow's water colour paints; Tim Holtz rub ons; Recollections enamel dots; Sharpie felt tip pen; Staedtler fine tip felt pen; My Mind's Eye alpha stickers

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

2 comments:

  1. Super cool page, Laura! Love that paper in the background and all the bits and pieces you added. The colors all work together so perfectly and really enhance your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your embellies clusters Laura. Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!