Monday, May 08, 2017

Make Today a Colourful Day | TrimCraft

Hey there! I have a new layout and process video to share today!  I am playing with the "Storyteller" paper pad from TrimCraft. 


This is the second paper pad that they sent to me and it is full of gorgeous jewel toned patterned papers.  You can read a little bit more about how I received these papers here as well as see the first layout I created with the other pad I received, and see another layout here, too.


I created this cut file just for this page, wanting something circular and something that suggested movement.  I was inspired by this photo of my friend's daughter and her soccer team mates. I pinched it off Facebook last summer (with permission) waiting for just the right papers to cross my desk before using it! I was super excited when I opened the package this paper pad was in as I knew I would finally get to use this picture!


After backing the cut file with 6 different papers, I added it to my page using a bit of craft foam for dimension. I further enhanced the circular theme and suggested motion by adding several stitched circles around this focal point.


You know how much I love multi font titles, right?  This one was created using parts of a cut apart card, alpha stickers and a die cut.  Love that!


I created these circular label die cuts with my Silhouette and colour matched them to this collection.  I adorned each one with a rubon from an old, as in super old, Bo Bunny collection.  Love that I could destash them!

I also destashed some  colourful wood veneer pieces I picked up at Michael's several years ago. I had exactly 6 left, so that worked out perfectly and they make a cute mat for each of these little round labels.


I adorned each rubon with a sequin from the SpiegelMom Scraps shop and then added in a few My Mind's Eye die cuts because I felt the page needed just a bit more.

Final steps included a splattering of pink and yellow mist.

As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.

 

Supply List: TrimCraft patterned "Storyteller" papers; American Crafts cardstock;Cuts2Luv flair;  Simple Stories Life in Color die cuts and clear stickers; M y Mind's Eye "Jubilee" die cuts; Imaginisce alpha stickers; Shimmerz Coloringz "Pink Stiletto" mist; Mr. Huey's "Taxi Yellow" mist; Recollections wood shapes; Bo Bunny rubons; SpiegelMom Scraps sequins (believe in you, green acres and spring fever);  digital cut file and label die cuts created by yours truly.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!