Monday, May 01, 2017

Wander | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  Happy May!  I hope the weather is your neck of the woods is gorgeous!  We are launching a brand new sketch challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches today, here is a little peek for you!


I had a lot of fun creating my take on it! And also created a process video.  I pulled out some of my leftover Simple Stories "You are Here" collection to document these photos of my youngest kayaking at about this exact time, several years ago.  Where we are the water in the lake is still quite cold in May, but he was so happy to be at the lake and in the fresh air and sunshine he didn't mind a bit!  As you can see in the pictures, the trees still didn't have leaves.


I began my page by die cutting this globe shape with my Silhouette, after which I stitched around and through it with pretty teal thread.


As I love to do, I created layers beneath my photos, but this sketch suggested minimal papers so my layers were created with narrow strips of patterned paper and washi tape.


From there I layered on embellishments in three main areas.  I also added a die cut to act as my very simple title.


I have been trying to be more cognizant of adding journaling so I took a few minutes to do just that.  Mind you, my journalling is never anything earth shattering, though I do hope it may help trigger a memory.


Some sprinkles of blue mists were a final step.

We have two amazing and super supportive sponsors this month over at Stuck?! Sketches!



So you definitely want to play along for your chance to win!

As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: Simple Stories "You Are Here" patterned papers, die cuts, cardstock stickers, clear stickers, bradz, wood veneer, washi, enamel dots and chipboard stickers and frames; Simple Stories Snap Basic III patterned paper; Freckled Fawn enamel dots; Tattered Angels "dragonfly" glimmermist ad "sky" mist; American Crafts white cardstock; crochet thread; Staedtler pen; Espirit teal thread

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo 

1 comment:

  1. I love this sketch with several photos and wonderful example too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!