Thursday, June 15, 2017

Greatest Dad Ever | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  I am sharing a new sketch, layout and a process video for the June 15th challenge at  Stuck?! Sketches, today!

Here is a look at my sketch:


This sketch has a fairly simple design with a suggested pop of masking in the background.


I decided to layer two masks to add some ink to my background.  I love the effect I just wish I had chosen different masks so that the shape was a little more defined.


I also added some splatters of mist to my background.  I am loving the colours that I am pulling from this collection!


From there I layered papers, washi tape and embellishments around and behind my focal photo.


I seriously had so much fun!


I even added a bit of a bonus cluster!  Machine stitching is a final touch.

We have two amazing and super supportive sponsors this month over at Stuck?! Sketches



As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: Fancy Pants "Good Fellows' patterned papers, flair, tags and ephemera; Freckled Fawn wood veneer and washi tape; Recollections enamel dots; Simple Stories enamel shapes; Pumice Stone Distress Ink: Bookworm and Water cooler Mr. Huey's mist; Heidi Swapp mask.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. Love the masking and colors on this fabulous guy page Laura.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!