Monday, June 05, 2017

We Are Family | My Creative Scrapbook

Hey there! It is reveal day over at My Creative Scrapbook, and that means I get to share this month's fabulous kit with you, and a layout, too!

I had so much fun creating with this month's kit, it has loads of goodies from the Fancy Pants "Family & Co." collection in it!  The bold colours and fun patterns made creating a breeze! Check out the kit contents.


I am sharing one of my recent designs using this kit with you, this is actually the third page that I created and it features a simple but graphic design.  I totally love the way it turned out. I pinched this photo of my son's family from Facebook.  You have to love social media for that!


I seriously heart the plaid paper in the kit, the colours are awesome and it packs a  lot of punch.  You actually do not need to use a lot of it to get a lot of impact, as you can see the layout doesn't have a ton of pattern on it.


I love this large die cut, especially for a title.  I opted to outline it with a white pen.


I began my visual triangle with this large embellishment cluster to the left of the photo, as you know I like my embellishments to nestle together and touch as much as possible.


I often like to attach a smaller, usually the smallest on the page, cluster to one upper corner of my photo.


For me a mid sized cluster of embellishments completes my triangle and rounds out my page nicely.  As you can see, I am definitely addicted to embellishments, and Pam always adds a great mix of them to the monthly kits!

Supply List: (From the Kit) Fancy Pants "Family & Co." patterned papers {loce at home, family matters, good times},die cuts, puffy stickers and chipboard stickers; Jillibean Soup "Souper Celebration" label stickers. (From my stash) White Signo Uniball pen; R24 Copic marker; Staedtler pen.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. I just love all the colors in this kit. And yes FB is a great way to grab those photos 🎈

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!