Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Travel the World | My Creative Scrapbook

Hey there!

I am a little later popping in today because I decided to switch things around on my blog this morning.  It has been super quiet here because life has been busy, but I really wanted to share this page - so I made some time!

I created this page using the main kit for August from My Creative Scrapbook, which has a fun travel theme.  We do not actually vacation a ton, but I still had pics left to scrap from a cruise we took several years ago, plus we also recently went to Disney and we live by a lake so this kit is perfect for all of that, too!

Today's page feature a photo of our cruise ship, I think this page would make an excellent cover page for the album from that trip!


I was really inspired by the Heidi Swapp stencil that was included in the kit, and wanted to create a soft stenciled effect on my background.

I kept my patterns to a minimum, using only two and one is my background.  However, the stenciling acts almost as a third pattern.


I combined a couple of stickers to create my title; trimming the words "the world" from a larger sticker.


I really love the positioning of my title and that it allowed for room to nestle my journalling right below it.


Of course, this chipboard ship needed to make it onto this page!


The flag banner also inspired this page, creating the colour palette and the light and airy look.  I really wanted the flags to look as if they were blowing in the breeze!

Final steps included a sprinkling of two colours of mist, onto my background.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Echo Park "Go See Explore" patterned papers {Explore the World and 3x4 Journalling Cards} and chipboard elements; PhotoPlay "Boarding Pass" element stickers; Becky Higgins flair; Heidi Swapp stencil.  (From my stash) Tim Holtz faded denim Distress Ink; Tattered Angels sky mist; Heidi Swapp navy Color Shine; misc. thread.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!