Monday, September 04, 2017

Ahoy Captain | Christy's 30 Days of Sketches

Hi there! Today I am joining in with Christy, from Christy's Beautiful Life, and her 30 Days of Sketches You-Tube event!


Her first several days feature sketches that I have created for Stuck?! Sketches' past challenges and I opted to participate using this sketch that I created for the May 15 2015 challenge.


I did spin my sketch 180 degrees to better suit the orientation of my photos, as a bonus it made the sketch feel "newer" to me and means I won't have two super similar layouts.

I used a stash kit I made recently that is filled with summery and nautical goodies, I had grown bored with these things a while back, but was excited to use them as part of this kit. 


I love the way my page turned out, fresh and airy, despite having some difficulties with mist.  You can watch my video to learn more about that.


My title combines two different and older font stickers, and nestles over my journalling.  I added in a few embellishments here, too.


This layout actually only has two embellished areas, but I think it still works.


The navy blue stitched circles and frame add some fun texture.

You can view my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: American Crafts cardstock; Fancy Pants "down by the shore" patterned paper, pennants, label stickers, tape stickers, mini fundamental and alpha stickers and bag; Evalicious flair; Carta Bella and Simple Stories stickers; Studio Calico wood veneer; Sharpie pen; Simple Stories tag; Tattered angels "sky" mist; Echo Park alpha stickers; Shimelle enamel hearts.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!