Tuesday, September 05, 2017

DL3 | My Creative Scrapbook Kits

Hey there! It is reveal day over at My Creative Scrapbook, and that means I get to share this month's awesome main kit with you, and a layout, too!

I loved this month's kit which features the Jen Hadfield Heart of Home collection, it is so pretty and perfectly juxtaposes airy florals with darker texts; a great collection for this wonderful month of September that waffles between summer and fall! You will love it, too!  And subscribers are getting a special gift sent to them along with this month's kit!

Check out the kit contents.


Do you see that pretty stencil?  That is an free gift!!  This is this year's annual bonus for subscribers only!

For my first page, I decided to use a pretty Spring photo of my grandson, I love that this kit offered me the opportunity to create a pretty but not overly girly layout for this picture of him in front of a gorgeous flowering shrub!


I pulled in some kraft paper from my stash and used it along with a text / floral paper to create a background.  Then I added some stitching between the two papers and also as a frame for my photo  I eye balled where I wanted my focal area and drew some pencil lines to guide my stitching.


I didn't really have a title for this layout or a story really, I just loved the pic and snagged it from Facebook, so I opted for my grandsons initials and age using the Amy Tangerine Thickers from the kit.


I love, love, love this pretty floral die cut from the ephemera pack, not sure why, but maybe because it is outline in grey instead of white.  I think it makes it slightly less feminine but still gorgeous.  Am I reaching?  Anyway, I wish there was more than one in the pack! To solve that I cut it in half so I could use it to flank my photo.


I also didn't really have a story for this page, so I took the opportunity to write about being a Grandma to a most wonderful and adorable boy!

Supply List: (from the kit) Jen Hadfield "Heart of Home" patterned papers (Heart of Home, Love of Home, Bless the Nest, Gatherings), ephemera, and accents stickers; Amy Tangerine "goodness" Thickers. (other) American Crafts kraft cardstock; Mr. Huey's white mist; misc. brown thread; misc. bakers twine; Sharpie pen; Staedtler grey felt tip pen.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!