Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Make a Wish | Birthday Card

Hey there! Yesterday was my soon to be daughter-in-law's (or our new daughter as we prefer to say) birthday!  I was lucky enough to get to spend a couple of days with her this past weekend, as she brought her wedding party and close female family up to our house to enjoy a weekend "bachelorette party"! What a blast that was! That may be a story for another day, though if some layouts get created about the fun times we had!  Today I would like to share the birthday card that I created for her.


Christina loves pink and I opted to dig into my Simple Stories DIY Boutique 6x6 paper pad to create this card, because it features two fabulous shades of pink.


I have been on a bit of a shaker pocket kick lately, so I created a simple rectangular one for this card by die cutting a stitched rectangle with my YNS dies and sandwiching pretty SpiegelMom Scraps sequins between acetate and a second, albeit simple, patterned paper with the help of some foam tape.


I stamped my sentiment onto the acetate with Stazon ink.  I bought this stamp set way back when I began papercrafting and while they are a fun stamp, they are pink rubber - thus not see through - and I always struggled to use them since I am not the best stamper.  Thanks to my Mini Misti, I love this stamp all over again!

After assembling the card, I began embellishing with stickers, chipboard and ephemera from two different Simple Stories collections. I have to say, I love the way this card turned out!

Supply List:  Simple Stories DIY Boutique patterned paper; misc. stamp; Stazon on black ink; SpiegelMom Scraps sequins ( Strawberry Bubblegum, Pandora's Ombre, Green Acres, Rockin' Pink Ombre); misc. white sequins (possibly American Crafts): American Crafts cardstock; Simple Stories Good day Sunshine stickers; Simple Stories Let's Party stickers, chipboard and ephemera; Your Next Stamp stitched rectangle die; misc. acetate.

Thanks so much for visiitng today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. Cheerful and beautiful B-day card! I'm sure your future DIL was happy with it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!