Thursday, September 07, 2017

Super Star | Simple Stories

Hey there, Now that we are a few days into our back to school routine around here, I thought I would share a school themed layout that I created during the summer at a day crop that I attended.

Some times it is hard for me to scrapbook at crops, although I love to go for the socializing anyway,  but I did manage to get several layouts done, and most of them I love.  Like this page, created with a kit I built from my stash, some items were school themed and some just coordinated well.


This is my sons school photo from grade 7, it amazes me how much he has changed since then!

I opted to print this photo in black and white, because I didn't like the background colour of the photo.  Then I paired it up with lots of bright coloured paper and embellishments and pulled in a few pops of black to balance out the picture.


I used tiny alphas and a Heidi Swapp acetate word to create my title, I love the way it looks!


I used a mixture of Simple Stories and October Afternoon school themed stickers and added in a couple of buttons as I felt my page was lacking dimension.


Once I got home, I added a bit of red stitching. I really enjoy layering in bits of Tim Holtz rubons, here and there on my page.


To finish off my visual triangle, I added a small cluster of embellishments to the upper left corner of my page.

Supply List: My Mind's Eye and Simple Stories patterned paper; Simple Stories and October Afternoon stickers; Studio Calico chipboard; Fancy Pants tiny alphas stickers; Heidi Swapp acetate word; Tim Holtz rubon; Evalicious label; Mr Huey's black mist; misc button and twine.

Thanks so much for visiting today! 
Laura
xo 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely page Laura and I love how masculine it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout! love the contrast between the b/w photo and the bright papers and embelies.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!