Friday, September 01, 2017

Sweet Summer Smile | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there! I cant help but feeling like August flew by in a whirlwind, because I blinked and it is already September! Which is great because it means there is a new sketch to play with at Stuck?! Sketches, but also sad because the kiddos are headed back to school in a few days, and the reality that summer is over is setting in.

Here is a look at my new sketch...


And this is my take on it....


I made a mini summer stash kit a few months back before going to a day crop, which I didn't end up digging into, and it ended up being perfect for this photo of our grandson. He is the cutest, all bundled up with his swim towel and goggles and the biggest grin after taking a dip in our hot tub!


After I trimmed some patterned paper strips, I adhered them to my layout and then added in some random stitching and topped it off with a couple of more strips of paper that I punched one of the edges and added some foam tape to. And then I ruffled up the edges of a few of the strips. I love how colourful and fun it is!


My title is a combination of chipboard elements, a word sticker and alpha stickers.  It is fairly substantial and adds some fun factor.


I dug into my stash of stickers and chipboard pieces that referenced summer and added a few of them to my page.


I even added in some clouds, a tag and a label ephemera that I made myself!  You can get the print and cut down load here if you are interested.

As always, we have two fabulous sponsors at Stuck?! Sketches!


I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Fancy Pants, Bella Blvd, We R Memory Keepers, Echo Park and Simple Stories patterned papers; Echo Park and MME brads; Echo Park chipboard; Becky Higgins flair; Simple Stories stickers and label; crochet thread; Sharpie pen; Jillibean Soup word sticker; Shimmerz Oh "Say Can You Sea" Coloringz; print and cut clouds, tag and label by me; Freckled Fawn clip; Crate Paper die cut.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page, Laura! Love the colors with your photo, and the mix of patterns is just awesome. Loving that title work!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!