Sunday, October 01, 2017

Fall Around the Neighbourhood | Fall You-Tube Hop

Hey there!  Today I am sharing a layout and process video as part of a Fall You-Tube Hop organized by Lea of Scrap and Plan with Lea.  There are quite a few of us creatives playing along so be sure to check out all of the links!


When I was trying to decide what to create, what photo to use and what page design to start with; I turned to Google and searched Fall advertising.


One of the images that popped up was this 1958 Better Homes and Gardens magazine cover! It immediately struck me as super fun, different and a great way to scrap some photos that I took around our house and neighbourhood last year!

Sometimes you need just the perfect idea to get the mojo flowing!


I had to make a few modifications to suit my 12x12 format and my 4x1.5 photos.  Which I must say was a fun size to play with!


I really liked the concept of creating little scenes for each of my photos! I used stickers and ephemera from Echo Park and Simple Stories to achieve this look.


I used papers from  5 companies, pulling the colours represented in my pictures.


This photo of the lake we live beside had quite a bit of blue in it, and the other photos had little or none.  I added in blue with patterned papers and embellishments around my page to balance things out.


I did a little machine stitching with gold thread, to add a little Autumn sparkle!


I also added in a multi font and colourful title, to continue on with the look I was working on.


And then I finished things off with some journalling and some sprinkles of gold Heidi Swapp color shine.

You can view my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here, where you will find links to the other creative's videos.


 
Supply List: ADORNit, Simple Stories, Echo Park, Carta Bella and Pebbles patterned papers; Echo Park and Simple Stories stickers; Echo Park and American Crafts enamel dots; Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine; Gutterman's gold thread; The Twinery bakers twine; Staedtler brown felt tip pen; MME gold enamel arrow.

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoy the hop!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!