Tuesday, October 10, 2017

XOXO | Just for Fun

Hey there!  I am popping in for a quick post today to share a just for fun page I created recently.  I have been having trouble creating and I got to wondering if it was because almost all of my creating lately is for various DT assignments.  So I decided to just play a little a see what comes of it.

For this page, I kept things fairly minimal, in product and in colours. 


I really like the way it turned out!


I started by splattering my background with some acrylic paint, it was the only medium in this shade of pink that I had, and I really like how it looks.


As you probably guessed the flowers are fussy cut from a patterned paper.  The leaves started out punched but were too large so I trimmed them down by hand to get them to just the right size.  I used a water colour pencil to colour the centre of the flowers to match the leaves.  I considered colouring the flowers too, but in the end preferred them white for this page.


The tag and frame are also hand cut.  As are the hearts, some of which I also coloured with a water colour pencil.


I used a thin strip of cardstock to pull the pink to the top of my page, since I didn't have any in the patterned papers that I pulled out.


I had one pink flair in my stash, thankfully it worked!  I think I might need to order a few more for when I do the kids a wedding album!


A hand cut title, a bit of journalling and a few stickers finished off my page.  Of course, I had to add a sprinkling of something so I dipped into my Jillibean Soup sequins.

Supply List:  Bella Blvd patterned paper and stickers; American Crafts cardstock; CTMH water colour pencils; DecoArt acrylic paint; Jillibean Soup sequins; Becky Higgins flair; misc. crochet thread.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. So much beautiful Laura!!! So pretty!!! Anna xo♥️

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!